Old January 10th 10, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default How is the T-Cup doing...

On 10 Jan, 16:05, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
14:41:32 on Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Richard J.
remarked:

Unfolded bikes aren't allowed on tunnelled sections of the deep tube
lines. *I believe this is because they would impede an evacuation from
a train stuck in a tunnel.

Fair enough.

The leaflet on the "new extended Circle line" says, regarding changing
at Edgware Road, "you can avoid the footbridge as cross-platform
interchange is available in both directions: eastbound ... between
platform 2 (Circle line) and platform 1; westbound ... between platform
4 and platform 3 (District line)." *That sounds to me like an assured
step-free route.

I suppose that if you ended up on 3 or 4 having terminated from the
Kensington direction, you could always catch the next Hammersmith train
and reverse at Paddington (island platform iirc).

If you start going that far, there are step-free changes on all routes
as long as every line has at least one step-free change to another and
enough of them have two. This is probably the case.

So, problem solved (at least by the usual definition here) and anyone
who finds it inconvenient is an idiot who ought to live somewhere else.