Old January 10th 10, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How is the T-Cup doing...

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 06:45:51 -0600,

wrote:

I don't know if you've seen the reports in the Standard but what I saw
led on reliability falling.

Assuming we are referring to the one article in the Standard since the
changeover then no it didn't. It led on Ross Lydall having a great big
bloody whinge because he got delayed on one journey from the south side
of the circle round to Notting Hill Gate. All sorts of problems had
arisen that day that caused the Circle to be buggered. That is hardly
news nor is it at all relevant to happenings (or not) at Edgware Road.
I've had this same article cited on another group where people didn't
bother to read it properly.

That can't have been the article I saw. I haven't a clue who Ross Lydall
might be and certainly don't recall any of those details.

I'll also make the partially relevant point that I would not expect the
Standard (being based at HSK) to be the most ardent supporters of
something their own staff might moan about. It's an easy target. Perhaps
we should all have a blog page in the Standard where we can moan about
our particular dislikes on the public transport network?

I can't disagree with that but it was all I had to go on. I'm less likely
to use the Underground to get to Putney now. PAYG on NR is much cheaper
for me now off-peak. :-)

As I have said let's what for a reliable and objective assessment. If
it had been a monumental disaster I am convinced we would have heard a
great deal more about the change than we have.

I agree that things will become clearer but if they don't do something
drastic about the passenger information at Edgware Road I'll find it hard
to believe they are trying.

--
Colin Rosenstiel