Old January 10th 10, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default How is the T-Cup doing...

On 10 Jan, 17:37, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:41:28 -0800 (PST), MIG

wrote:
If you start going that far, there are step-free changes on all routes
as long as every line has at least one step-free change to another and
enough of them have two. *This is probably the case.

So, problem solved (at least by the usual definition here) and anyone
who finds it inconvenient is an idiot who ought to live somewhere else.

That's a bit extreme. *The Circle Line had a problem of atrocious
punctuality, day in day out. *This is an attempt to solve it.

I was referring to the general attitude of the group whenever anyone
faces new inconvenience. A bit throwaway, I admit.

What, OOI, would be your suggestion to prevent the situation that
occurred before, e.g. half hour gaps in service followed by 4 trains
together? *People wouldn't like trains sitting at Aldgate for 20
minutes' recovery time (the only other place where it would really
make sense to hold them as they're completely out of the way there).

There have been long threads about it where ideas, including mine,
have been suggested.

Basically, I don't necessarily accept the need for increased frequency
on the Hammersmith branch.

I think I suggested

*running the teacup as now, from Hammersmith to Edgware Road

*extending the Wimbleware to Barking

*if really necessary, run Hammersmith to Edgware Road shuttle and busy
shopping times

That would leave nearly all frequencies intact and provide all the
interchange opportunities needed.

Hammersmith to Whitechapel or beyond is better provided by the
District anyway.