Old January 10th 10, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

Paul Corfield wrote

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:52:17 +0000, Paul Corfield

wrote:

Note that there are no fares booklets for the 2010 increase. They

have
been abolished. You are stuck with using the TfL website.

Having logged on to the work LAN I have seen a notice which says that
there will be a series of "Oyster customer guides" (4 in total) to
replace the traditional fares booklet (deemed to be too complicated

for
passengers to understand). The guides should be available at LU

stations
from today (4/1/10).

And I picked up one of these, "Getting around with Oyster" at Leicester
Square yesterday.

18 pp plus a "Register now" tear out.

A replacement for the fares booklet in part.

p12-13 "what do I pay with Oyster" covers, for Adult undiscounted only,
Tfl LU, DLR, LO, bus/tram Oyster single fares and daily price capping
zones 1-6

p14 has new Oyster PAYG 'indicative' single fares for National Rail.

There is nothing on 'mixed' Tfl/NR fares though there are examples to
be found in the NR booklet _Oyster pay as you go on National Rail_ From
2 January 2010 (which has TFL and NR on the cover)

The TFL booklet, same title except missing 'From'
_Oyster pay as you go on National Rail_ 2 January 2010
(has Mayor of London, NR and TFL on cover)
This has no fare examples but a nice TFL map, with zones, of "Oyster
rail services in London".)

To be fair the old fares booklet was also 'indicative' single fares
since it did not mention the 'short hop' LU fares.

==
Google says
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/2732.aspx
"You can also order free large print copies of the Getting around with
Oyster Guide."

which points to the accessability page
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingar...des/default.as
px
which need updating since it only has "guide to fares and tickets".
==

Still to be provided would be guides to fares for children, students,
new deal and other discount holders; Railcard and Network Card holders;
day and season travel cards.

--
Mike D