Old January 10th 10, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Harringay Green Fingers

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:19:03 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

I was involved in getting the Capital Growth scheme on disused land
at Southwark Station up and running. An interesting diversion from
the day job!

Tangential to that, a row of shops was demolished to make way for
Southwark station. Why on earth was no commercial development included
in or around the finished station? Above the ground floor it's totally
wasted space there.

There have been plans for many years to proceed with development above
Southwark Station. The current state of the property and financial
markets have probably put paid to any progress for a number of years.

Oh right. I thought they could have done that development long before the
recession hit. The JLE did open in 1999, after all.

--
Colin Rosenstiel