Old January 8th 04, 06:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Do you live above a tube tunnel?

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:27:44 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
I don't live above a tube tunnel. However the Crossrail tunnels are
likely to be far deeper than tube tunnels.

Actually the Crossrail tunnel from the Great Western main line to Chiswick
will be 17 - 18 metres below the surface, which I think is about average
for tube tunnels in London.

Even in Central London, the Crossrail tunnels will run *above* the Jubilee,
Northern, Central, and Piccadilly lines in the Oxford Stret/Holborn area.
There is a vertical section through the central part of the route at
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090053AF4C/Files/genericpanels/$FILE/central+london+stations.pdf

yes - I did say "likely to be", not definitely.

anyway - are you collating these comments as some sort of evidence to
mount a challenge to the Crossrail or to stop a challenge?
--
Paul C