Old January 11th 10, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brittin Jim Brittin is offline

Default Harringay Green Fingers

In article ,
says...
In article i,
Tom Anderson wrote:

There's a long, thin nature reserve alongside the east side of the Great
Northern south of Seven Sisters Road, which i assume is former railway
land. I'm not sure what it's called, but you can see it he

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq...Kingdom&l l=5
1.562192,-0.106173&spn=0.002268,0.006791&t=k&z=17

This is Gillespie Park Nature Reserve and indeed parts are right by the
main line.

Another reserve where you can hear if not see Eurostar and other trains
is Camley Street Natural Park at Kings Cross. It was a coal yard and
it's also bordered by the Regent's canal.

The best place for trainspotting (and animals) I've found with the kids
is Kentish Town City Farm - it straddles the main line into Kings Cross,
and you can also see a branch that goes into a tunnel, and running
perpendicular at the back is the North London Line.

E.

Thanks, I'm not going mad then!

Last time I travelled to St Albans from St Pancras I was sure I spotted
some goats after passing through Kentish Town but thought I must have
imagined it.