Old January 8th 04, 06:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Fare Dodging Consequences

On 7 Jan 2004 14:07:43 -0800, (City Worker)
wrote:

OK - I own up.

I have a Zone 2 annual season ticket. I found that this allowed me to
run my journey from a Zone two station, through Zone 1, and back out
of a Zone 2 station no problems since October. Much like the old
paper ticket.

Now Pre-Pay is up and running - it deducts £1.60 each time (the
extension amount). This is going to cost more than buying a Zone 1 & 2
Annual Pass.

My question is: If I upgrade and add Zone one - will they allow this
without penalty fares for the three months of 'unofficial' use?
Will I be retrospectively charged extensions for all the journeys
made?
What If I ask for a refund on the season ticket - and then get a new
full zone season ticket? Will they deduct the due amounts from my
refund?

simply upgrade to add Zone 1. Unless the rules have radically changed
(and I don't believe they have) then retrospection will not be applied
to old journeys in respect of penalty fares or monies due. I wouldn't
expect to see any refund value reduced by the value of trips due - such
a policy change would normally be advertised because of the impact it
would have on refund values.

Interesting questions though and raises a few thoughts in my head about
how the system is working.
--
Paul C