Old January 11th 10, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default What a ripoff.

In article ,
d wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:45:37 +0000 (UTC),
d wrote:

There was a broken rail. These do not happen "all the time" nor are
excuses "on standby" even though you won't accept a word I say about it.

Well I'm jusgt going by the excuse that LU themselves gave which was
signal failure which on the central line means ATO issues. Are you telling
me they were lying?

The fault probably presented itself initially as a signal that wouldn't
wouldn't clear, as a broken rail means a track circuit failure.

The distiction between 'signal failure', 'points failure', and
'broken rail' is usually pretty acadmeic to customers anyway: what
they care about is 'when is the next train?'. Getting that correct
is much more important that the root cause analysis - and as someone
stuck on the Central that day, I don't think they got that part
wrong at all.

--
Please help Imogen May keep talking -
www.imogenmay.com