Old January 12th 10, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default London Railway Atlas

"Richard J." wrote in message
om...
Paul Scott wrote on 12 January 2010

London Railway Atlas (as subject) - Joe Brown, Ian Allan.

But it was only assumed by the OP's context.

I've got the original edition of 2006, ISBN 0711031371

Is the new edition (2009, ISBN 0711033978) very different? Is it worth
buying if you've already got the first edition?

I think the main advantage is that the full A4 size allows it to show
individual single tracks throughout the book, rather than thick lines for
double tracks, so crossovers and the like are much more visible. Many of
the notes on the maps have also been expanded, but as far as I can see the
main map pages run in the same sequence. There are 6 pages of additional
insets at the end, and major rail stations now show internal layouts rather
than just being 'big red blocks'

Certainly a much clearer quality of mapping, and there's some extra
information in there. I don't think many would be disappointed with the new
version.

Paul S