Old January 8th 04, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Do you live above a tube tunnel?

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
"Richard J." wrote in message

If so, do you experience any noise and vibration?

As a child I regularly visited the cinema in Turnpike Lane, and the
Piccadilly trains were quite audible. Tunnel, track and train construction
have improved since then, though, but you can still hear Victoria Line
trains while standing on the (overground) platforms at Drayton Park.

As an aside , what happened to the tunnels that went north from drayton
park to finsbury park? I know the bits near finsbury were reused but what
about the rest of them? Are the tunnels still there or were they filled in?

B2003