Old January 13th 10, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default The London Underground and its South African connection

On 13 Jan, 01:56, CJB wrote:
The veritable maze that is the London Underground owes its existence,
at least in *part, to a brilliant railway-engineer named James Henry
Greathead, born in Grahamstown, South Africa, on 6 August 1844.

http://london.thesouthafrican.com/li...erground-and-i...

There is a statue of him on Lombard Street, near Bank.
I just looked at that article you linked to (it didn't work at first)
and I see with distaste that whoever wrote it is using the distasteful
pseudonym ROSS DIX-PEEK.

That is not funny or clever!