Old January 15th 10, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Andy Andy is offline

Default Oyster PAYG & Virgin

On 15 Jan, 10:11, Mizter T wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:10*am, Andy wrote:

On Jan 15, 1:32*am, Mizter T wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:52 am, Andy wrote:

[big snip]

Oyster validators were put on the exit from platform 16-18, soon after
LM started to accept Oyster, but several services (both peak and non-
peak) used at least platforms 1-3, 7 and 12 regularly with Oyster PAYG
users, from Watford, Bushey and Harrow having to walk to the platform
11 gate line to touch out.

Before that (i.e. in Silverlink days) there was however a single
Oyster validator next to a girder near the ramp leading up from
platforms 16-18 - this wasn't exactly obvious, but then it was only
for the sole use of pax heading to or from Harrow & Wealdstone -
though Silverlink certainly didn't make any effort to draw any
attention to the fact that Oyster PAYG was in fact valid on the fast
trains twixt Euston and H&W.

Thanks, I'd forgotten that one, which was a few years older. There are
now also two at either side of the ramp leading up to the concourse
which were a later addition. They pre-date the ones on the other
platforms by quite a long time though.

I think they date from sometime shortly after when London Midland
relented and decided to allow PAYG on their fast trains from Watford
Jn to Euston (after London Overground's acceptance of PAYG on the DC
lines all the way to Watford Jn more or less forced their hand!).

Isn't that what I said in the first place I'd just forgotten the
older one by the pillar.