Old January 16th 10, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Andy Andy is offline

Default Oyster PAYG & Virgin

On Jan 16, 11:47*am, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:44:10 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I can't say I noticed a big increase in overcrowding for the few weeks
before the timetable change.

There was a noticeable step-change in the overcrowding of the 1824...

But the overcrowding on the 1824 didn't get sorted out until December
2009 I must say I didn't notice it getting particularly worse than
before, but it wasn't one of my regular evening trains. It doesn't
take many extra passengers for a LM service to go from comfortable
standing room to nasty overcrowding. At the time we were talking about
(November - December 2007) the normal pre-Christmas busy period was
just getting started. I generally find this is the busiest time of
year on the slightly later evening peak trains from Euston.