Old January 17th 10, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Salmon[_4_] John Salmon[_4_] is offline

Default Oyster Top-up Queries

"John Salmon" wrote in message
I've only recently started using Oyster PAYG on a semi-regular basis. I
topped up on Tuesday using the FCC ticket machine next to the ticket
office at St Pancras International. I have a couple of queries:

(1) The top-up location on my journey history is shown as "Bus". Why would
that be?

(2) I noticed that the machine showed that the Oyster card was loaded with
a Zones 1-4 Weekly Travelcard for a specific week in 2007, and it offered
me the option of renewing it. I have never had any Travelcard loaded on
the Oyster card, indeed I've never used any kind of Weekly Travelcard. I
did wonder whether this situation is in some way related to the fact that
this particular card was one I obtained by post (to Retford) during the
short period that 'free' (i.e. without £3 deposit) cards were on offer. I
can't remember when that was - perhaps 2007? I think that at that time
only cards with a Travelcard loaded were normally issued free, so did TfL
load an 'expired' Travelcard on all those free Oyster cards?

Sorry, one more query:

(3) I haven't topped up my card since Tuesday. The journey history is
up-to-date to Wednesday and shows my current balance as £3.91, but the
doesn't appear anywhere in the journey history. Can anyone suggest an
explanation?