Old January 18th 10, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Fox Under A Train

d gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

How could a fox get on to the sub surface section of the track? Any more
unusual excuses for delays?

Or more to the point , why did it matter? Just run the bloody thing over
and collect it at the end of the day. Its just vermin , one more dead
one would be a benefit to everyone.

Because if a train emerged from a tunnel into a station with blood &
mince splattered all over the front, there might be one or two...
reactions... amongst the passengers waiting on the platform.

Personal favourite unusual excuse was sat on a Met line train just
outside Baker St.

"We apologise for the delay. This is due to trains on the line in the
vicinity of Baker St station."

Umm, where would you rather they were, if not "on the line"?

Then, of course, there's the immortal "due to a dog on the Barking line".
I swear I've actually heard that one, whilst waiting at Farringdon, but I
suspect the announcer did it deliberately. He'd probably been waiting
years for an excuse.