Old January 18th 10, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Fox Under A Train

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:44:34 +0000
Bruce wrote:
Or more to the point , why did it matter? Just run the bloody thing over
and collect it at the end of the day. Its just vermin , one more dead one
would be a benefit to everyone.

If running over the fox displaced a conductor rail, or removed (or
damaged) the collector shoes or tripcocks on the train, you would be
apoplectic with rage.

Foxes are generally only the size of a collie. I can't see why one would
damage a train or track when suiciders seem to be decapitated quite nicely
without problems.

And we see enough of that already, thank you. ;-)

Perhaps if LU could run something approaching a decent service on the
piccadilly line I wouldn't. Luckily I don't have to suffer it most days but I
heard on the travel news earlier that holborn station was closed for a few
hours in the rush hour and there were delays on the Raynors lane branch yet
again because of yet another signal failure. And this is the most expensive
metro system in the world to travel on. Its a sad farce.

B2003