Old January 18th 10, 02:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Radio 4 - the derailing of transport 2010

McKevvy wrote:
On 18 Jan, 14:57, David Hansen
wrote:

I did come up with the quote though, according to Wikipedia:

"Integrated transport policy

"On coming to office, Prescott pursued an integrated public
transport policy. On 6 June 1997, he said: "I will have failed if in
five years time there are not...far fewer journeys by car. It's a
tall order but I urge you to hold me to it."[12] However, by June
2002, car traffic was up by 7%. This prompted Friends of the Earth’s
Tony Bosworth to say "By its own test, Government transport policy
has failed".[13]"

But will the electorate vote NuLab back into office again? Considerng
that he made this as a *promise*, do we vote for failed politicians?

If "we" means the Hull East people in 2005, yes we do.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.