Old January 18th 10, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Radio 4 - the derailing of transport 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:50:57 +0000, Bevan Price
wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:08:51 on
Mon, 18 Jan 2010, David Hansen remarked:
All about why Mr Prescott's 10 year transport plan didn't happen.

The plan where he told us that it was a promise, and we were to hold
him to account.

Maybe we shouldn't vote for him in the general election, then?

Or any other politician? Many of them seem to make empty promises to try
& get elected. Why should we believe or support any of them ?

Perhaps you should ignore national politics, and the disreputable
senior politicians at the top, and instead look at your local
candidates, or even the sitting MP?

I'm lucky to have a very good local MP, and I would be happy to vote
for him regardless of his party, because he represents local people
very well indeed.

I think if everyone voted for the best local candidate, rather than
choosing by party on the basis of national issues, we might have a far
more representative and effective parliament. But as long as many
people stick to voting by party, we will repeat the current mess.