Old January 19th 10, 09:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Capt. Deltic Capt. Deltic is offline

Default Radio 4 - the derailing of transport 2010

On 19 Jan, 09:05, wrote:
"McKevvy" wrote in message

On 18 Jan, 14:57, David Hansen
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:27:32 +0000 someone who may be Roland Perry
wrote this:-

All about why Mr Prescott's 10 year transport plan didn't happen.

The plan where he told us that it was a promise, and we were to hold
him to account.

Maybe we shouldn't vote for him in the general election, then?

That would be difficult as he has announced he is standing down from
the Westminster parliament and I don't think he intends to give
people the opportunity to vote for him in another arena.

I did come up with the quote though, according to Wikipedia:

"Integrated transport policy

"On coming to office, Prescott pursued an integrated public
transport policy. On 6 June 1997, he said: "I will have failed if in
five years time there are not...far fewer journeys by car. It's a
tall order but I urge you to hold me to it."[12] However, by June
2002, car traffic was up by 7%. This prompted Friends of the Earth's
Tony Bosworth to say "By its own test, Government transport policy
has failed".[13]"

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54

But will the electorate vote NuLab back into office again? Considerng
that he made this as a *promise*, do we vote for failed politicians?

I don't, but people keep voting for David Blunkett in Sheffield.

Peter Fox- Hide quoted text -

As the anarchists say, 'whoever you vote for the Government gets
elected'.