Old January 19th 10, 11:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Radio 4 - the derailing of transport 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:46:36 -0800 (PST), ticketyboo
wrote:

On Jan 18, 2:06*pm, plcd1 wrote:
and programme on Radio 4 this evening at 2000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pxk9w

All about why Mr Prescott's 10 year transport plan didn't happen.
Might be worth a listen.

Well I did, and it was disappointing - except for Phil Goodwin and his
point that the politicians keep on going round and round without
getting anywhere. Prescott said about the 10 year plan: "it got people
thinking", yet he was not picked up on the key White Paper statement
that we had to have a partnership between the various organisations.
That didn't happen, yet it seems Adonis is now trying to lead another
partnership concept.

As for David Begg, words fail me...

David Begg's words failed him too! As Chairman of the Commission on
Integrated Transport, he was about as ineffectual as any human being
could have been.

Too many words, no action.