Old January 19th 10, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
JS JS is offline

Default Oyster Top-up Queries

On 19 Jan, 11:54, "John Salmon" wrote:
"John Salmon" wrote

"John Salmon" wrote
I've only recently started usingOysterPAYG on a semi-regular basis. *I
topped up on Tuesday using the FCC ticket machine next to the ticket
office at St Pancras International. I have a couple of queries:

(1) The top-up location on my journey history is shown as "Bus". Why
would that be?

(2) I noticed that the machine showed that theOystercard was loaded
with a Zones 1-4 Weekly Travelcard for a specific week in 2007, and it
offered me the option of renewing it. *I have never had any Travelcard
loaded on theOystercard, indeed I've never used any kind of Weekly
Travelcard. *I did wonder whether this situation is in some way related
to the fact that this particular card was one I obtained by post (to
Retford) during the short period that 'free' (i.e. without £3 deposit)
cards were on offer. I can't remember when that was - perhaps 2007? *I
think that at that time only cards with a Travelcard loaded were normally
issued free, so did TfL load an 'expired' Travelcard on all those free
Oystercards?

Sorry, one more query:

(3) I haven't topped up my card since Tuesday. *The journey history is
up-to-date to Wednesday and shows my current balance as £3.91, but the
doesn't appear anywhere in the journey history. *Can anyone suggest an
explanation?

[now cross-posted to uk.railway]

OK, a day and a half has passed, and not a single reply. *This could mean
(a) I've written complete rubbish so you're all ignoring me or (b) you've
all killfiled me, or even (c) no-one on utl knows any of the answers. *I
*really* find (c) very difficult to believe, as I thought this group (utl)
was the fount of all knowledge onOystercards. *Doesn't anyone have
anything to say?

1) I have no idea - can you post a screenshot of your journey
history? I presume you are viewing your online payg journey history?
If not - what are you looking at?

2) The expired Travelcard loading is unlikely. Two questions:
- Could you have switched Oyster card with someone else in the last
three years?
- Are you sure you never bought a 7 day (I vaguely remember having one
or two myself but can't remember the details.

3) Online payg journey history is never the place to see your
'current' balance. The card overview page will show the last
available reported balance - the only time it will not be correct is
if you have made bus journeys that day and the bus has not returned to
depot (data needs to be uploaded from bus machine)