Old January 8th 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Fare Dodging Consequences

"Robin Mayes" wrote the following in:

"City Worker" wrote in message
om...

Many Thanks to all.... I am a reformed evader. Though I do
still think the 'paying for the use of zone 1' tracks even when
not exiting in Zone 1 is a little unfair.... maybe that aspect
should be reduced!

Following on with that reasoning:

Why should my fare pay for the track, signalling, provision of
electrical current to move the train, or the wages of the train
operator whilst the train is in zone 1?

I think most important is the space taken up on a train by a person
while that person is zone 1. Zone 1 is extremely crowded at times so it
seems only fair that someone should have to pay for contributing to
that crowding.

--
message by Robin May, or at least that's what the headers say.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Crime is confusing.