Old January 19th 10, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster Top-up Queries

"Nick P" wrote in message

"John Salmon" wrote in message

(3) I haven't topped up my card since Tuesday. The journey history is
up-to-date to Wednesday and shows my current balance as £3.91, but the
that doesn't appear anywhere in the journey history. Can anyone suggest
an explanation?

There is a difference here of £7.30. I suspect this is the maximum
chargable amount for a journey at the time you travelled (Day Travelcard
rate), this gets taken off at start of journey and the difference refunded
according to the actual length of journey. If you don't touch out you are
charged the full rate.

According to the fares letter quoted here a couple of times in the past
months, the 'normal' amount deducted at the start of a journey (the
entry/exit charge) is £6.00 peak and £4.30 off peak, these equate to the
TfL/NR through fares for a single zone 1-6 journey. Some NR 'entry charges'
can be higher still, as before, but there isn't a £7.30 fare as far as I can
tell. £7.30 could be achieved with an offpeak zone 1 tube fare of £3.00,
followed by an unresolved offpeak journey, £4.30.

There doesn't seem anything to support your suggestion that the 'entry/exit
charge' would ever be the same amount as a day travelcard rate.

Paul S