Old January 20th 10, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default What happened at Aldgate yesterday (19th)?

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:27:39 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
While boarding my Picc train yesterday morning, I heard on the tannoy
that there were 'emergency engineering works' at Aldgate, leading to
major disruption of all the subsurface lines (and, apparently the Picc
as well). Does anyone know what happened?

According to an interview I heard on LBC a train scraped some scaffolding
that was "out of gauge". I assume this means it was hanging down from the
roof and the muppet builders had built it too low. I guess they had to
dismantle it which is why it took so long to reopen everything.

B2003