Old January 20th 10, 05:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default How do you spell Haringey?

On 20/01/2010 16:23, Sam Wilson wrote:
In articlemtOdnatdQZn7nMvWnZ2dnUVZ7q6dnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk,
Arthur wrote:

... Danes will use English
versions we don't use ourselves.

So which language is Copenhagen?

Dunno, but I wasn't convinced that them referring to Helsingør as
Elsinor in English was particularly helpful (they don't even go
overboard plugging the play. Which is lucky as my school did one set in
Verona). I think I've seem some more obscure examples too. But then I
suppose anywhere other than Copenhagen or Bilund is getting on for obscure.

I think I've seen a recent German text referring to "Kanton" rather than
"Guangzhou".
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK