Old January 21st 10, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default How do you spell Haringey?

In message , at 23:23:13
on Thu, 21 Jan 2010, DW downunder remarked:
In fact, it most likely is US International. I shall have to have a
play sometime to see if it is a user choice, etc. So, while good for
those on ukr with British/Irish keyboards, if it doesn't work, chances
are that it's a US International keyboard, requiring use of the
CTL-ALT-nnn keystrokes.

It's a combination of things, but few Brits are likely to have a US
keyboard (unless it's a grey import) because of the lack of a £ key.
Mapping between the key positions and what the software "sees" is
explained in great detail in the links I gave.