Old January 22nd 10, 11:50 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
DW downunder DW downunder is offline

Default ELL Stock in Place

"MIG" wrote in message
On 22 Jan, 09:42, "Paul Scott" wrote:
BIG SNIP

Looking at all the evidence so far, the 'battering' of the service only
seems to be off peak. Assuming a reduction of 5 to 4 tph meets the
definition...

Paul S-

It does sound good (although not mentioning connections south) but I
suspect that it is sufficiently out of date not to be worth paying too
much attention to. A lot has happened in "a couple of years", not
least the election of a new Mayor, a major recession and some dodgy
deals*. I don't simply take the word of the local campaigners either,
who mention the reduction in service to LB (and Charing Cross) and
lack of connections south, but don't mention the ELL, but I recognise
that they have some justification for cynicism.

I guess we'll know soon enough when the timetable comes out.

*To get the go-ahead for things that may yet not go ahead (and Virgin
not involved ...).

Given FCC's track record, I suspect it's more a case of: we'll know when we
see the trains actually running ... and for your further flung
participants: ... and the news filters through. SIGH

DW downunder