Old January 8th 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default Oyster at Finsbury Park

Kat wrote in
:

We are having a lot of problems with people (with Zones 2/3) using the
NR service from say Highbury and Islington to Mile End via Stratford.
Their Oysters are assuming that they've come across Zone 1 via OXO and
so charging them £1.60. There should be validators on the NR platforms
at Stratford, if so, I'll advise people to make sure they validate there
before getting on the Central Line and hopefully that will solve the
problem.

How is this supposed to work? How will the validators at Stratford tell
between a Highbury and Islington to Stratford via OXO onward via National
Rail and a Highbury and Islington to (say) Leyton via NLL? Or does the
user need to validate both "in" (through the barrier) then "out" (on the
platform, I assume one has been provided) at Highbury, "in" at Stratford
and then "out" at Mile End? What a performance!

David