Old January 23rd 10, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Top-up Queries

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

The outboundary Day Travelcard will of course continue to exist - the
TOCs sell a ton of them.

At extraordinarily widely varying prices. I've been having a
(non-)correspondence with FCC. I asked them to explain why, when a
Cambridge to London Terminals Off Peak Day Return is £20 (or £13.20 with
railcard) and the Oxford to London Terminals Off Peak Day Return is also
£20 (or £13.20 with railcard), the Cambridge Day Travelcard is £26.50
(£17.50 with railcard, a £4.30 addon) while the Oxford one is only £2
(with railcard discount) more than the London Terminals fare.

All I got back from First was this waffle:

"I have passed your thoughts to our fares Manager, who has replied saying
that the Travelcard fare within the Travelcard Area (Zones 1-6) are set by
Transport for London in conjunction with all the Train Operators that
operate services within the Travelcard Area."

Obviously ********.

--
Colin Rosenstiel