Old January 23rd 10, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default More London ticket fun

On Jan 23, 1:23*pm, (Paul Cummins) wrote:
For those who remember my fun with TFL/Tramlink and my Oyster before
Christmas, I had more fun yesterday.

Missed that... marginally intrigued, I might trawl back through past
posts if I can be bothered (probably won't ever get round to it
though).

The Oyster issue got sorted, but again Yesterday I came up by Travelcard.
This was a "Super-Off-Peak" travelcard, thus I can't come home between 4
and 7pm, which is OK, since I didn't plan to.

What I didn't expect is to be told by an inspector that I couldn't travel,
even within London, on any SWT service between those hours, on the
Travelcard I had.

This was an on train inspection by an RPI? Or an at station
inspection?

So I checked the conditions, and, yet again, the staff twonk was wrong.

The ticket barrier let me in, the guard listened to my position and
agreed, so why are there so many untrained wannabees trying to make the
customer's life hard.

And when I came back from Brentford later, I did it by bus to South
Ealing, and then a tube to the West End.

The 'Super Off-Peak-ness' of any Travelcard of course has naff all
meaning within the London zones.