Old January 23rd 10, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default More London ticket fun

On 23 Jan, 15:50, Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Jan, 15:17, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:23 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Paul Cummins) wrote:
For those who remember my fun with TFL/Tramlink and my Oyster before
Christmas, I had more fun yesterday.

The Oyster issue got sorted, but again Yesterday I came up by Travelcard.
This was a "Super-Off-Peak" travelcard, thus I can't come home between 4
and 7pm, which is OK, since I didn't plan to.

What I didn't expect is to be told by an inspector that I couldn't travel,
even within London, on any SWT service between those hours, on the
Travelcard I had.

What nonsense. *The "Super off peak" ness of the ticket applies only to
the SWT journey. *SWT cannot unilaterally apply a usage restriction
within London on routes and services not under their control.

Nor can they apply the rules to journeys on SWT services that are
wholly within the zones.

And this recalls my SWT inspector defacing an off-peak travelcard
between Richmond and Twickenham and claiming it could only be used for
one return journey (it wasn't even an out-boundary travelcard).

Seems that SWT training has not improved in the interim.