Old January 23rd 10, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default More London ticket fun

On Jan 23, 4:27*pm, "David A Stocks" wrote:

"Paul Cummins" wrote:

For those who remember my fun with TFL/Tramlink and my Oyster before
Christmas, I had more fun yesterday.

The Oyster issue got sorted, but again Yesterday I came up by Travelcard.
This was a "Super-Off-Peak" travelcard, thus I can't come home between 4
and 7pm, which is OK, since I didn't plan to.

What I didn't expect is to be told by an inspector that I couldn't travel,
even within London, on any SWT service between those hours, on the
Travelcard I had.

I've had a slight variation of this, with Brighton to All-Zones
Super-Off-Peak travelcards routed "Southern Trains Only". I used these to
get to Waterloo via a change at Clapham Junction and the NR gates at
Waterloo always rejected the ticket. However, the gate staff let me through
without any fuss.

You're just unlucky ...

I wonder if at Waterloo it's as the gates being coded to reject all
'TOC-only' tickets apart from 'SWT-only' (of which I don't think any
actually exist, do they?)

Enjoy your encounter with the RPI on board an FCC Thameslink train
between central London and East Croydon, should that ever happen!