Old January 23rd 10, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default More London ticket fun

Paul Corfield wrote

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:23 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),

The Oyster issue got sorted, but again Yesterday I came up by

Travelcard.
This was a "Super-Off-Peak" travelcard, thus I can't come home

between 4
and 7pm, which is OK, since I didn't plan to.

What I didn't expect is to be told by an inspector that I couldn't

travel,
even within London, on any SWT service between those hours, on the
Travelcard I had.

What nonsense. The "Super off peak" ness of the ticket applies only

the SWT journey. SWT cannot unilaterally apply a usage restriction
within London on routes and services not under their control.

And SWT (as opposed to their ill-trained staff) don't pretend to so
apply it.

As I posted on 5th Jan under "SWT outside the zones - evening peak
changes"

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/any...k-advance.aspx
click on -Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak fares-
[...]
From Monday 4 January 2010, the return portion of a {Super Off-Peak}
Day Return or Day Travelcard will change. You cannot use it to leave
London Waterloo, Vauxhall, Queenstown Road or Clapham Junction to
stations outside London Zones 1-6 between 16:00 and 19:00, Monday to
Friday. A map of this area is available here. If you wish to make your
return journey during this time, you should buy an Off Peak Day Return
or Off Peak Day Travelcard
==

Note 'to stations outside London Zones 1-6' which is Paul C's 'within
London' point.

If you have the time email a complaint plus ask any such ill-trained
staff for their rank name and number and to be shown a written copy of
the alleged restirction.

--
Mike D