Old January 23rd 10, 07:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default South London Line issues [was: ELL Stock in Place]

Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Jan, 14:51, "Peter Masson" wrote:

London Bridge has 15 platforms now, and will have 15 platforms when
all is finished. But the Thameslink platforms will be more or less
where the Charing Cross platforms are now, and the Charing Cross
platforms will be more or less on the site of the old South Eastern
low level station, extending a little way into the Brighton train
shed. AIUI the Shard wo't ake any operational space from the station.

Thanks Peter (though I dunno why I didn't just count the total number
of platforms that you said the redeveloped station will have in
earlier posts - d'oh!). Anyhow that firmly puts to bed a
misapprehension that I'd somehow picked up from somewhere.

Found the drawings I was referring to again - they are right at the back of
this pdf on the DfT's 'Thameslink closures' site. What would be helpful is
an overlay showing the exact footprint of the Shard, but you should get the
general layout the new station anyway.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/tl...easons2005.pdf

Paul S