Old January 23rd 10, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David A Stocks[_3_] David A Stocks[_3_] is offline

Default More London ticket fun

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Jan 23, 4:27 pm, "David A Stocks" wrote:

I've had a slight variation of this, with Brighton to All-Zones
Super-Off-Peak travelcards routed "Southern Trains Only". I used these to
get to Waterloo via a change at Clapham Junction and the NR gates at
Waterloo always rejected the ticket. However, the gate staff let me
through
without any fuss.

You're just unlucky ...

I wonder if at Waterloo it's as the gates being coded to reject all
'TOC-only' tickets apart from 'SWT-only' (of which I don't think any
actually exist, do they?)

That, or the gates recognise the super-off-peak-ness of the ticket. I was
travelling during the evening blackout period.

Enjoy your encounter with the RPI on board an FCC Thameslink train
between central London and East Croydon, should that ever happen!

I would fully enjoy telling any FCC staff *exactly* what I think of their
appalling lack of service ...

DAS