Old January 8th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] tcnewsg@hotmail.com is offline

Default 222 bus

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:59:48 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

I'm not sure how it works, but the 183 was a single deck for a short
while, after which Sovereign saw the error of its ways and replaced the
double deckers. I presume the ticketing software must be able to tell
the loading levels.

If the situation with 183 was anything like that we had in East London
with the 257, it was *London* *Buses* who eventually saw the error of
their ways. Sovereign, as the lucky operator, just had to take the
flak for London Buses decision to convert 183 to single deck, just as
First Capital did with the 257.
(And I'm told Capitals' management did ask "Are you *?!@%* sure?" when
they were told they had retained the 257 with single deckers).

--
Thomas Covenant
Please observe reply to Address.