Old January 25th 10, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default best way to get around london for 3&half days

On 25 Jan, 09:39, wrote:
In article , (Roland

Perry) wrote:
In message
,
*at 16:02:48 on Sun, 24 Jan 2010, MIG
remarked:
And someone on a touristy visit is particularly likely to be caught
out, spending short amounts of time at what may turn out to be an OSI,
thus paying maximum fares and cancelling all capping.

I thought I understood Oyster, but those remarks make no sense to
me. If someone is "always touching in and out", how they possibly
be charged more than the daily cap?

In a phrase "unresolved journeys". OSIs can accidentally create them.

Yes; eg you go from Greenwich to Charing Cross (with a change at
London Bridge), take your snaps of Nelson, then go into the
Underground for a trip to Kew Gardens. Because Charing Cross is an
OSI, probably with a long timeout, the whole thing ends up as a single
journey which could go beyond the time limit, leaving you with an
unresolved journey and an unstarted journey at Kew, both of which are
charged at maximum. Once you've got an unresolved journey (I'm pretty
sure) all capping goes out of the window.