Old January 25th 10, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default best way to get around london for 3&half days

On Jan 25, 8:01*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
To confirm that my understanding is correct, I've touched my Oyster
card on numerous interchange readers/ validators (i.e. yellow ones as
well as pink ones) within stations whilst en-route - e.g. at
Stratford, at Moorgate/ Old Street (to or from Great Northern), at
Farringdon (to or from Thameslink) etc - to no ill effect at all.

Thanks for the explanation (and Andy's earlier) - however it does cloud the
situation for the traveller from outside the zones who is surely looking for
a yellow reader, if only because that's what the documentation suggests he
should be looking for?

I agree and I think they should have kept the majority of the Oyster
pads yellow and maybe put a pink circle around it, pink line through
it or maybe a pink interchange symbol on it. Alternative, just a large
sign on the 'box' saying interchange validator.