Old January 9th 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
District Dave District Dave is offline

Default LUL staff - pay slips

All I/Ops, or at least on the Northern Line, should have an e-mail address
and Intranet access. Whether they use it or not is another matter. I
assume it is the same on all lines. I've had mine since the 90's when it
used to be dial-in prior to the current network system being introduced.

What really annoys me with the Intranet is you can't find anything on it.
You eventually get the page you want, add it to the favourites and two
weeks later it's gone because they've changed the layout and location yet
again. Everybody complains about it and how hard it is to navigate. It
must be a ploy to keep everything hidden!

Roger

Yup - we get them on the District too and is the standardmethod of
finding out what you're training duties are - at least that's the
theory.....

I agree 100% the Intranet - and I never have enough time
available to *really* get into it - all I can grab is a few minutes
(usually in my own time)and then, as you say Roger, by the time you
next use it, it's all changed!

I suspect the ploy is that some otherwise underemployed IT type spends
his life fiddling with it to appear gainfully occupied!