Old January 9th 04, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default Oyster PrePay- What can I expect?

I've just ordered my first Oyster, with £50 prepay.

I noticed on Monday morning that the 70 new pence cash fare on the bus had
risen to £1, and that single tube tickets were up slightly as well.

When I start using my new Oyster, will I be charged at these rates? Does the
logic to retroactively calculate the best value ticket for the day - e.g.
buspass, travelcard etc. - exist yet, or will I be charged for the
individual value of each journey (and if I do, I won't use the card,
obviously).

BTN