Old January 9th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Oyster at Finsbury Park

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:40:17 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

I was most surprised when Kat posted that someone with zero Pre-Pay
balance had been deducted into negative value because they presented
their Travelcard Oyster out of zone. While I understand why the system
does it I think it is barmy to put passengers in a position of needing
to do something with their cards when there is nothing to explain to
them the way to avoid it happening. I've looked at the Oyster website
and I was not terribly impressed with the FAQ.

They have posters at Canary Wharf explaining this.