Old January 9th 04, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben and Michiyo Ben and Michiyo is offline

Default How does Oyster prepay charge......

You should only swipe once for going in and once going out. If you can not
make sure you are only charged for one journey and if not ring the
oystercard helpline to be refunded.

The process of Station evacuation has not been resolved and staff have yet
to be informed what to do.

"K" wrote in message
If I get on the DLR at, say Crossharbour, and present my Oystercard
and then get of the DLR at Heron Quays and change to the Jubilee line,
will I be charged for one journey or 2? I presume you are meant to
swipe at Heron Quays?

Secondly, As a prepay is initially cahrged at full fare, and refunded
on exit, what happens if there is a station evacuation? You will not
be able to swipe out so will be overcharged, I presume? (There are
many evacuations where there isn't any real imminent danger - just
precautionary - so don't say that people will be pleased to get out
alive and not worry about it :-) )