Old January 29th 10, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Same Destination, Opposite Direction

On 29/01/2010 17:09, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
John wrote

I was on a number 17 bus the other day, destination Archway. As we
passed by St. Paul's Cathedral a number 4 bus, also destination

Archway,
was heading in the opposite direction. I wonder how many other places

are there where one can catch a bus to the same destination from

either
side of the road?

Disregarding the reverse case (a teacup with opposite destinations at
the same stop), how about Esher, Surrey which has three routes to
Kingston leaving from three different stops - 218/471 and K3 on opposte
sides of Portsmouth Road and the 515 turning off first toward Esher
Green.

Or Green Lane Shepperton, Surrey where route 555 and 218 to
Walton-on-Thames traverse in opposite directions.

Wallington, where the 410 and 157 towards Crystal Palace stop opposite
each other.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK