Old January 9th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Default Milton Keynes - a choice of two operators

"Cameron Davies" wrote in message
om...
I travelled from Milton Keynes to Euston earlier. I was astounded by
the range of tickets on offer - I had the option on travelling in
style and comfort on 21st century trains (Pendolinos) or alternatively
travel more cheaply with Silverlink County services. I opted for the
latter as there was a fast train anyway which called at Watford and
Euston.

All Virgin services are not all Pendolinos.

Any regular Milton Keynes passengers here care to say more about the
fares system here? It's obviously good for people to get the choice
of how much they want to pay based on journey time. Who gets the most
passengers between the two stations, I wonder? Does VT have more
commuters than Silverlink (I presume there are cheaper silverlink-only
season tickets)?

Silverlink are cheaper, but pick up pax at smaller stations along the route
such as Tring, Cheddington, Hemel Hempsted, Leighton Buzzard and more
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the