Old January 30th 10, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Same Destination, Opposite Direction

On 30 Jan, 04:22, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:24:20 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

Of course it is possible to get the same bus, going to the same
destination from bus stops on opposite sides of the road to one
another, and the bus is not a circular... Anyone know which?

Now it couldn't possibly be the 251 or 298 at Arnos Grove could it?

Good call. I had considered the 89 in Northend Road, Slade Green, but a
quick Streetview suggests that both the part which is used twice towards
Slade Green and the part which is used twice on the way back have bus stops
on only one side.

There could be a good reason to have stops on both sides, and I've got
a feeling there are. It's not an easy road to cross, and there are
two stretches that are only used by buses with one destination, but in
both directions.

(To explain to anyone not familiar, the route has to cross a barriered
dual carriageway, and it does it by going to a roundabout and back in
both directions.)