Old January 30th 10, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Long DLR Train

On Jan 30, 2:53*pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

MIG wrote:
This morning I've seen a three-unit train running on the DLR, with the
designation "Special", in between other services.

How many people does a three-car DLR hold, and how does that compare with a
six-car C stock? How does the speed compare? I'm wondering about whether the
"light" railway designation still means anything.

Closely spaced stations and lots of rapid acceleration and
deceleration are light rail-esque features in my mind.

Not that I'd want a rail vehicle of any kind, light or heavy, to fall
on my head - it's a rather relative term, me thinks!