Old January 30th 10, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default Super off-peak Travelcard won't operate gates at many stations

Today I travelled to London on a super off-peak London One-day
Travelcard purchased from FCC at Luton Airport Parkway. I know from
past experiences that these tickets operate the gates at all TfL
stations that I've used, but consistently fail at those of South Eastern
Trains (e.g. Charing Cross and London Bridge). Today I also found both
of our tickets were rejected at London St.Pancras (upper level), which
surprised me because EMT operate direct trains to Luton Airport Parkway
and ought to have their barriers programmed correctly. I have no idea
whether the fault is with FCC for not encoding the tickets correctly (as
the EMT barrier man said) or with the other train companies failing to
recognise this fairly new type of ticket. The rejection code, I think,
is 105.

It is really annoying to have to spend extra minutes searching out the
manned barrier at these stations, where there is often a small queue of
people with problems, and then explaining why my ticket fails. At some
time I shall miss a train because of the extra delay.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? It would be useful to
know before I try complaining to the various companies involved.

--
Clive Page