Old January 30th 10, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Long DLR Train

"Recliner" wrote in message
"MIG" wrote in message

This morning I've seen a three-unit train running on the DLR, with the
designation "Special", in between other services.

(Am I the only one having trouble perceiving the "articulated
vehicles" as anything other than units of two coaches?)

Like any other articulated vehicles (particularly trams), the short
coaches share a bogey. The only mainline trains with this configuration in
the UK are Eurostars, but they're quite common elsewhere.

Never a good idea to write 'only'. Someone is bound to come along and point
out that Tyne & Wear Metro units are articulated, and operate on main lines.

Paul S