Old January 30th 10, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Super off-peak Travelcard won't operate gates at many stations

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

Today I travelled to London on a super off-peak London One-day
Travelcard purchased from FCC at Luton Airport Parkway. I know
from past experiences that these tickets operate the gates at all
TfL stations that I've used, but consistently fail at those of
South Eastern Trains (e.g. Charing Cross and London Bridge). Today
I also found both of our tickets were rejected at London St.Pancras
(upper level), which surprised me because EMT operate direct trains
to Luton Airport Parkway and ought to have their barriers
programmed correctly. I have no idea whether the fault is with FCC
for not encoding the tickets correctly (as the EMT barrier man
said) or with the other train companies failing to recognise this
fairly new type of ticket. The rejection code, I think, is 105.

It is really annoying to have to spend extra minutes searching out
the manned barrier at these stations, where there is often a small
queue of people with problems, and then explaining why my ticket
fails. At some time I shall miss a train because of the extra
delay.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? It would be useful
to know before I try complaining to the various companies involved.

I get a similar problem if I get a Cambridge-London Terminals Off Peak Day
Return and come back on the 19:15 off the Cross. The ticket is invariably
rejected by the barriers at Cambridge. The ticket is issued by NXEA and
the Cambridge station barriers are theirs too.

--
Colin Rosenstiel